Here’s what you need to know:
As a BCBA at KIPP NJ, you will play an integral role on the Clinical Team, by providing meaningful, manageable behavioral supports to ensure that students with special needs reach their full academic and social potential. A bit more about you…you have strong organizational skills and are a communications ace. You want to help kids on an individual basis. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to help each student be successful.
Nice to Haves:
- Master Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Current BCBA certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- 2-3 years’ experience working with children, adolescents, and families using behavior analytic technology across a variety of diagnosis
- Knowledge of brief functional analysis techniques, ability to conduct Functional Behavior Analysis (FBA)
- Expertise in developing, writing, implementing and training staff around behavior intervention plans (BIPs)
- Unwavering commitment to our students and their success
- Ability to communicate clearly and to invest stakeholders in student goals
- Ability to establish relationships with students and families at all costs
- Solution orientation and ability to bring a new lens to challenging problems
- A high level of organization skills and attention to detail
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- A record of exceptional student achievement and results at a high-performing charter network/charter management organization.
- A belief that all students deserve a world class education which can be achieved through education reform
- Behavior assessment and intervention
- Conduct functional behavior assessments (FBA) and/or brief Functional Analysis (FA)
- Conduct preference assessments
- Discuss results of the FBA and the proposed BIP with the school-based staff
- Use the result of the FBA to create a function-based behavior intervention plan (BIP)
- Data collection
- Select appropriate data collection tools to measure target and replacement behaviors
- Select appropriate data collection tools to measure treatment fidelity
- Graph and monitor data for BIP to assess procedure effectiveness on a daily basis
- Identify trends in the data and reports stagnant and increasing trends in the target behaviors
- Analyzes data on a weekly basis to develop training goals
- Staff training
- Provides training to staff members regarding classroom behavior management techniques
- Provides staff and parent training regarding techniques for remediation of behavioral, social, or personal problems of students
- Provides training to staff members on implementing BIPs
- Updates school-based staff on best practices and adjustments connected to current cases
- Campus Supports
- Understands the mission of KIPP:NJ and those of each individual campus, and delivers services in a way that aligns with the school’s program.
- Meets with campus-based CST’s and special education teams to discuss concerns, answer questions, and review complex cases, and support them in in finding solutions.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the multidisciplinary Clinical Team.
- Engages parents in a collaborative and compassionate manner that supports student progress.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the New York City area.
About KIPP New Jersey and KIPP Miami
KIPP New Jersey/Miami schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ and Miami, FL. Learn more about KIPP here.
KIPP New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer.