The full-time custodian will be responsible for providing custodian and maintenance support to a KIPP New Jersey campus
- Previous custodial experience in a school or professional setting
- Highly capable and comfortable using powers tools and facility related equipment
- Current Black Seal License required
- General carpentry and handyman skills
- Experience using a work order system
- In depth knowledge of building systems including HVAC, electrical, and plumbing
- Previously experience managing a group of 4 or more
- Unwavering determination to do whatever necessary to help KCNA students and staff achieve their goals
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, works collaboratively, and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective communication skills via phone, email, and in person
- Must have valid New Jersey driver's license
- Must be able to lift, bend, and pull more than 50 pounds
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and information systems used by the organization—cell phone, computer, email and job tracking system
- Must be available 24/7 to handle school related emergencies.
Being part of our team gives you lots of opportunities to grow, but with great power also comes great responsibility. Here are some of the primary responsibilities associated with
- Daily cleaning of all school-used spaces and property in accordance to KIPP NJ standards
- Respond to student accidents, spills, and urgent needs
- Daily inspection of buildings and grounds to note conditions and see that needed work is done in a timely fashion
- Monitor the quality of the work performed by the cleaning company every day.
- Maintain working knowledge of problems, procedures, and operations involved in inspecting, analyzing, and planning building and ground maintenance and heating and ventilating work to be done
- Manage lunchroom set up and clean-up for lunch periods and events as required
- Manage all facility related vendors and report any issues to DSO
- Maintain and update work order ticketing system daily
- Schedule and execute all yearly inspections pertaining to facility systems including fire alarm, fire extinguishers, fire suppression, mechanical systems, etc.
- Manage special projects related to building maintenance and upkeep
- Ability to proactively implement preventative maintenance plans and report any issues to DSO
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey from the Philadelphia area.
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey schools are part of the nationally recognized “Knowledge Is Power Program” non-profit network of college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first opened its doors in Newark’s South Ward as a single class of 80 fifth graders and has since grown to teach over 5,100 students in grades K-12 in Newark and Camden. 92% of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Today, we have grown to 16 (K-12) schools throughout Newark and Camden, NJ. Learn more about KIPP here.
KIPP New Jersey/KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.